Google

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Global Warming

I am beyond tired of the constant global warming drumbeat. Anyone who believes we are in a post-modern culture, need only to hear this pied piper's flute to know that modernism is alive and well... just not optimistic. I saw a T-shirt the other day that I am endeavoring to own myself. It has the Kool-Aid man on the front and a design on the back begging people not to drink the green fool-aid. How true indeed. It is always amazing to me how those who act as though they are very educated and look down upon those who have "faith" are able to be so blind to their own truly blind faith in scientific postulates. Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle seems to apply to many things outside of quantum physics. We know there is climate change... however, we do not know what causes it, nor do we know which way it is going (warming or cooling). However because money and power are at stake there are many who would love to tell you all about it. I personally do not worry about global warming, but I instead worry about what will happen because of the "green religionists". I am confident that all things are underneath the control of the Creator God of the Bible and we are not wreaking havoc that is out of His hands. I do not seek to pollute. I try to be a good steward of the things in which I have been entrusted (I recycle, I use CFLs and I am typing on a Macbook Pro from a fairly green company). However, not to the point where I elevate man to the Almighty or the earth to the be all end all. The people of the "green religion" are usually those who are perpetrating tolerance and love or at least their version of it. They do not deliver any of these though. Instead they deliver fear for their power in a sort of Foucaltian revolution. As John says in his first letter. Perfect love drives out all fear because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. Therefore, we have a good deal of work ahead of us still to fulfill the great commission.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home